Apologies for doing this at this time of the year, it has once again been on my mind now for a while and I wanted to open it upto friends to try and gauge others opinions....
For a while now I have been (once again!) thinking of scrapping the layout. Progress on it for a number of years now has been painfully slow and enthusiasm has been virtually non-existent. I have tried to put it into a number of pros and cons...
- Its always been my best work, I have tried my best to recreate something.
- I have invested nearly 10 years of work into the layout
- Its what I am known for and a good example of my modelling abilities
- It always seems to get invited to shows (even if I always turn them down!)
- It gives me focus to my modelling
- It takes up valuable space in my flat
- I have no interest in taking it to shows or operating it, just building it
- I cannot set it up at home so the only time I get to test it is at a show
- Its not 100% my area of interest
- I feel guilty if I work on things which aren't 'connected' to the layout somehow.
Thoughts, opinions, and ideas will be gratefully recieved...