A few years ago I went into a sort of partnership with a guy called Steve from the Oxford 2mm group. The deal was that he provided the milling machine in the form of a Proxxon MF70 and I would supply the CNC conversion kit. I purchased a conversion kit from a company called USOVO and the mill was duly converted by Steve. It was then passed onto me to finish off the conversion and get the thing working.
Roll on a couple of years and after not touching it I decided to get it out of the cupboard and try to get it working as it seemed too good to hide away unused. This is where another guy called Robert stepped in as I just couldnt get my head around the electrical connections and configuring the Mach3 control software. Robert took the mill and promptly got it working in about an hour and it was then back to me to finalise a few settings and tweak it until it was happy.
Anyway, its all up and working now and I am one happy bunny. Even better I found a plugin for Autodesk inventor which creates G Code based on my 3D models. It even does a nice little preview so I can check to see if everything works how it should.
Even with this preview, it still took a bit of 'tweaking' to get the machine cutting right though..